- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat and heat a cast iron skillet or griddle for about 10 minutes.
- Gently mix ground beef, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, and the granulated garlic and onion on a sheet pan until incorporated. Divide the beef mixture into 8 3oz balls and set aside.
- Prepare the hamburger buns by brushing melted butter over the cut sides of the bun. Set aside.
- Tear a piece of parchment paper to the size of a large spatula or bench scraper. This will allow you to smash the burgers thin enough without the burgers sticking to the spatula.
- Add 2 squeeze’s, about 1 tsp, of Woeber’s Yellow Mustard to the hot pan/griddle and place a hamburger ball on top.
- Use a kitchen utensil to smash the ball into a thin patty in the mustard, cooking for 1 minute before flipping and topping with 2 slices of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Let the burgers cook for about 30 seconds, then stack a cheese-topped patty on top of another patty.
- Line the top grill rack of the grill or cool spot on the grill with foil and place the finished patties on top to keep warm while you cook the remaining patties.
- Lightly toast the buns by placing the cut side down on direct heat for about 30 seconds.
- To assemble the smash burger, generously spread Woeber’s Mayo Gourmet Sriracha over both sides of the buns, top with double cheeseburger patties, and add pickled onions, top with the bun and devour!
- Place onions in a large glass mason jar and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, and about 1 tsp of salt.
- Simmer until sugar and salt dissolve and pour over the top of the onions.
- Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature before covering and storing in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe was originally created by @wtfinrecipe on Instagram.
View this post on Instagram