This Clark County Fair 2018 Dish of the Day winner was created by Kara Francis.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease with oil a large, non-stick baking sheet or roasting pan. If you don’t have a non-stick pan, line a regular pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with oil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast the panko crumbs until lightly golden, stirring constantly. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- In a food processor, pulse pretzels until coarsely ground (small crumbs with some pretzel pieces) then add them to a medium bowl and mix with the panko crumbs. Wipe the crumbs out of the food processor.
- Add the oil, mustard, honey, water and vinegar to the food processor and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and adjust ingredients to taste.
- Pound the chicken breasts out to an even thickness using a mallet. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the dressing into a large shallow bowl or dish, put the flour on a large plate and add half the pretzel mixture into a large, shallow bowl or dish (add the remaining half pretzel crumbs to the dish as needed).
- Working one at a time and using tongs, dredge the chicken in the flour then into the dressing allowing excess to drip off, then into the pretzel crumbs patting them on if needed. Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 16-25 minutes until fully cooked through. Let the chicken sit 5 minutes before serving with the remaining honey mustard dressing.