- Coat the skirt steak in dijon mustard, salt & pepper and let it sit for about a half hour.
- While the skirt steak sits, start slicing your onion.
- Add about a tablespoon of oil and your sliced onions to a pan over medium heat. Let them cook down for 5 minutes.
- Once the onions have cooked down, add the wine, turn the heat down to a simmer and let them cook for 25 minutes.
- Broil your skirt steak at 450 degrees F for about 5 minutes, on each side. You can also grill your steak.
- While the steak is cooking, assemble your sandwich by lightly toasting your French bread with the Swiss cheese until the cheese is melted and the bread is a light golden brown color.
- Once the steak is done cooking, slice it to your liking.
- Add the horseradish sauce, arugula, steak and caramelized onions in that order to your prepared slices of bread.
View this post on Instagram